Subject: [Leica] The effect of digital cameras on child subjects
From: Rick Dykstra <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 21:20:42 +1000

I've spent the last 5 weekends shooting soccer teams, taking portrait
photos and then team photos, with a pair of R8s.  It was two years ago
that I took volume portraits in this way.  I've noticed something
interesting.  Before this year, children of around 5 to 10 years old
knew that they needed to stay posed until the camera clicked.  Now, a
fair proportion of them take off if I so much as peek around from
behind the viewfinder.  It finally dawned on me that the use of digital
cameras has changed their understanding of when a picture has been
taken.  A couple of the little ones have asked me what the round thing
was that I was putting in the camera.   Hmmm???

Just an observation.  Rick Dykstra.

Replies: Reply from David Young <dnr@horizon.bc.ca> ([Leica] More Leica manuals on-line.)
Reply from "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com> ([Leica] Re: The effect of digital cameras on child subjects)