Subject: Re: [Leica] Beach panorama
From: grduprey@rockwellcollins.com
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 06:46:07 -0500

Rob

they both look nice.  Keep up the Great job.

Gene

                      Rob Heyman
                      <rheyman@bigpond.net.au>            To:       leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
                      Sent by:                            cc:
                      owner-leica-users@mejac.palo        Subject:  Re: [Leica] Beach panorama
                      -alto.ca.us

                      06/12/2003 05:23 PM
                      Please respond to
                      leica-users

Hi B.D.

I have just posted the original file to show you the crop. I am fairly sure
I could not get this result with film. Especially on a 30 x 40"!

http://www.leica-gallery.net/heymanphoto/image-47039.html

I must say that after hefting
the digital for a while, it was a pleasure to get back to the Leica with
its lovely big viewfinder. I also like the positive feel of manual
everything, instead of the camera doing whatever it wanted to do. (Yes,
I know I could switch to manual)

The thing is that I get a totally different
look from each, so I don't see any reason to discount either of them. I
like the digital for different reasons.

When I changed the levels on this to give me a full black it seemed to lose
that softness that is vaguely reminiscent of the old portraits from the
1800s.

Rob

bdcolen wrote:

> Damn! That's 1600 iso digital? How much of a crop/blow up is that, Rob?
> If it really is a major crop, that's pretty amazing. It's also a great
> conversion.
>
> B. D.

Rob Heyman Photography
32 Binyara Street