Subject: Re: [Leica] Slightly OT: C-41 b&w films
From: SIUASU@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 17:08:44 EDT

I use Ilford XP 2 exclusively and it gives me excellent results.  I too scan
all my negatives with my Epson 1600 and I'll stack my prints up against
anyone, and I mean anyone.  One thing I have learned about scanning though, is to
scan everything extremely flat.  Then I add brightness and contrast with
photoshop.  I would give you an example but several of my photos have been submitted
to FOM2 and thus must be anonymous.  Try the above tip and I have also learned
it's easier to dodge or should I say it looks better to dodge than to burn in
photoshop.  Anything burned looks a little muddy.
Bruce