Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Courtesy (was Oh ... It's COMING SOON! :-)
From: "Joseph Codispoti" <joecodi@clearsightusa.com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 16:50:19 -0700

From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@shaw.ca>

>>> An unfortunate state of uncaring and being impolite seems to be the in
thing. And for whatever reason I can't imagine.  I mean how much effort does
it take to say "thank you, please and may I help you?"<<<

Ted,

I have thought about this phenomenon for a long time and my assessment is
that these days some people consider courtesy a form of relinquishing pride,
privacy, and control.
That people avoid eye contact seems to me to signify "I am not in the mood
for pleasantries".

Unfortunately we are the product of television indoctrination. These days
television seems to revolve around the tough guy hero who does not stoop to
polite exchanges.

However............. A man was descending from a mountain when he
encountered an other going in the opposite direction.
The plainsman said with a touch of conviction that he was moving to the top
of the mountain and was hoping that folks there would be courteous and
friendly.
"Well" said the mountain man "how are folks down below?"
At this the plainsman launched in a strident tirade about how uncouth,
discourteous and belligerent all people are and that is why he was moving.
"Well", responded the mountain man. "I can see that they ain't going to be
any different up yonder"......................

Joe

Replies: Reply from "Jim Laurel" <jplaurel@nwlink.com> (Re: [Leica] OT: Courtesy (was Oh ... It's COMING SOON! :-))
Message from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] OT: Courtesy (was Oh ... It's COMING SOON! :-))