Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Bargin
From: "Joseph Codispoti" <joecodi@clearsightusa.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 17:50:29 -0700

There are many instances of lucky people landing a bargain.

A man at a rock show bought what turned out to be a large raw diamond for
$15.

An other lucky stiff in the Bahamas bought the very first printing of a map
of France for $1. Value was over one million.

Manhattan was sold for some beads valued at $100.

At a local flee market I bought a M3 with 50DR Summicron, 35 Summar with
eyes and a leather bag, all for $65. Not quite a bargain however, the bag
was not Leica and lacked the red dot.
At the same market a fellow bought a III-G for $5. I had just left the booth
without asking the owner if he had "any other cameras". I offered the buyer
$200 on the spot but he had to "check the value". 6 months later he sold it
to me for $100.

Good Will employees are not experts. As long as the buyer of the $5 Leica
did not try to bargain for a lower price, I see nothing unethical. If he did
he should resell the it to me for $10.
All vehicles donated to the Good Will must be sold for parts only. They are
not transferable for road use without a lengthy and expensive process.

Joe Codispoti

Replies: Reply from "\(SonC\) Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com> (Re: [Leica] Leica Bargin)
Message from "\(SonC\) Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com> (Re: [Leica] Leica Bargin BAH!)