Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V24 #311
From: "langhans" <langhans@compwrx.com>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 06:12:47 -0700

I'm with you, Gary.  I think the world has gone completely mad.  I will wait
at least 5 years for things to calm down.  When computers came out, I was
that way.  Radio Shack CoCo, then PC 8088, then 286, then 386, then 486 then
Pentium.....Most at about 3 grand in price....I finally wised up.  I guess
when the Pentium 200 came out, it finally exceeded the available software
enough that I was able to stick with it for more than a few years w/o
feeling a hit.  Friends would buy faster computers and ask for my help.  I
was leery of helping them for fear I would want a faster computer, but that
didn't happen.  I would come home to my system and it would be just fine.
It wasn't until two years ago when I upgraded to a P3 1GHZ. for less than
$800.  I have faster computers at school now, but again, this one is just
fine.  I feel liberated.

So, digital, I'll wait until for prices to drop like computers have, and
quality to improve.  And size to shrink.  When all those instant
gratification guys/gals had driven the market to where the computer market
is today, I'll take advantage of their efforts/money-down-the-tubes and have
fun.

Aram