Subject: Re: [Leica] Oh ... It's COMING SOON! :-)
From: "Gary Williams" <nasmformyzombie@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 01:43:47 -0400

> If it is true that this is really the Leica digital answer, I will be
> switching to Canon for my SLR digital photography.  Probably the 1DS since
> it is most sturdy model.  It's about the same price as the proposed refit
> for the R8 with all the advantages of autofocus and lenses designed for
> digital.  My purpose in using digital is economy, convenience, economy,
> immediate results, economy, easy transport through airports, economy,
> PowerPoint presentations, economy, CD storage vs slides, economy, and
stock
> sales.

I am simply amazed at what people will spend for a little convenience and
instant gratification.  How exactly is spending $7000 for a digital camera
that will need an upgrade in 18 months, and how many more $1000's on new
glass square with a desire for "economy."  What is economical about such a
purchase?  What exactly is so horrible about a film camera?  You can spend
$2K on a film scanner with an auto film loader from that "N" company and get
pretty much the same result (without the instant gratification) and still
use the best glass in the world---and save a good $10-15K in the process.
Am I missing something here or has the world gone completely mad?

Gary

Replies: Reply from "Jim Laurel" <jplaurel@nwlink.com> (Re: [Leica] Oh ... It's COMING SOON! :-))
Message from Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net> (RE: [Leica] Oh ... It's COMING SOON! :-))