Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V24 #311
From: Frank Dernie <Frank.Dernie@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 08:47:51 +0100

For me the biggest benefits of digital are the ability to change
effective iso between shots and review images for exposure/focus. For
pros who burn a lot of film or have many bodies the iso issue is
irrelevant but then the speed of "processing" and film cost issue takes
over.
Film is finished for me personally, except for fun outings. I have a
scanner for my 40 years worth of negatives but most of my originals are
now digital. My old M6 which used to go everywhere with me and be used
for 80% of my pics has not had a film in it for a few weeks. I hope
there is a good Leica solution before too long - I have a lot of Leica
kit lying idle. My enlarger is gathering dust.
BTW Tina I am not aware that Canon have made specifically digital
lenses yet (Nikon have)
Frank