Subject: RE: [Leica] Digital slightly OT
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 10:15:56 -0400

There's one huge problem with this new "standard," even if one assumes
that it's a fabulous idea from an engineering standpoint - the partners
are Kodak, Fuji and Olympus, and only one of them manufacturers lenses.
AND, there are far too many pros heavily invested in Canon and Nikon to
think that the pro world is going to dump all its gear to go for the
"new standard." Now, if Olympus and its partners can figure out how,
through the use of adapters, to allow Nikon and Canon lenses to be used
with the new Olympus body and other 4/3 bodies, it could work - but
otherwise...?