Subject: RE: [Leica] Questions about consistancy within a project
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 11:34:08 -0400

The first question, Adam, is what is the project about? Is it about
film? Is it about cameras? Lenses? Or is it about your subjects. If it
is a project about the look of Neopan 1600 in different kinds of light
over the course of a summer, then, obviously, you use only Neopan 1600.
But if the project is about the subjects, you use the film - or films -
with which you are most comfortable working, that will allow you to
capture the images you want.

I rarely use anything but Tri-X, and usually rate it at 800,
ocassionally shooting at 400, or throwing in some Acros if I am working
with the Leicas in bright daylight. And for the no-light situations,
there's always the 3200 Deltalux. ;-)

But concentrate on your subjects - who and what they should be, why you
are shooting them, how you want to portray them, and don't get hung up
on the film type - or on the fact that different films have different
looks.

B. D.