Subject: Re: [Leica] Infinity focus with my M4-2
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 10:31:31 -0600

Lenses and bodies that are adjusted correctly, mix and match with no
problems. So either your 90 needs its rangefinder cam adjusted or your
50 and the camera need to be adjusted. My first Leica was an M2 with a
50/2. Everything worked well until I added another lens and then the
rangefinder was out with the new lens. In the end it turned out to be
the 50 that was needed adjustment and the body had been adjusted to
match that lens. I reset the body for the new lens and sent the 50 in
for a CLA. When it came back, it coupled correctly. Try several lenses
that are known to be good and you should be able to quickly find out
which of your gear needs work.

John Collier