Subject: [Leica] Monopod Flyin' Through The USA
From: "Robert D. Baron" <rbaron@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 10:00:07 -0500

Fwiw, to add to the collective's knowledge and also in thanks to the
pre-flight proffered experiences of others traveling with onboard
monopods, I'd like to report that the last week in March I was again
courteously treated by U.S. Government TSA employees at several small
and large airports, who without objection hand inspected my film (I
carry the unboxed and de-cannistered cartridges in a clear ziplock
plastic bag with a yellow 'Film - Do Not XRay' sticker on it) and raised
no objection to the Gitzo monopod I had in my carryon suitcase once they
knew what it was.

I also learned that while I like my new-ish R8 and its various lenses I
have to do some more weight training before I take it instead of Ms on
my next trip.

I did have a little time off from business in Washington DC and 'shot'
the following (I say that advisedly; look at the characters on the roof
in the first photo) on TriX 400 exposed at 320 developed 'normal' in
D-76 1:1 by a lab other than me:

http://www.concentric.net/~Rbaron/WhiteHouse032503.htm

http://www.concentric.net/~Rbaron/WM032503R1fr17.htm

And after a most enjoyable supper with Sal DiMarco and then business in
Philadelphia I followed Sal's suggestion and stopped by to see the
remains of the formerly fast and elegant S.S. United States:

http://www.concentric.net/~Rbaron/SS_US.html/page1.html

Regards,

- --Bob Baron / Oklahoma City