Subject: Re: [Leica] Is That A Monopod In Your Suitcase....
From: "Robert D. Baron" <rbaron@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 20:03:31 -0600

Tina:

Thanks very much for reporting that you have recently carried your Gitzo
monopod aboard commercial airline flights in the US.

I just checked the TSA website's list of permitted and prohibited items
(a .pdf file found at
http://www.tsa.gov/interweb/assetlibrary/tsa_ppitems.pdf) and saw no
mention of monopods or tripods but they do prohibit carrying on billiard
cues, baseball bats, cricket bats, ski poles, golf clubs and hockey
sticks (!) and that walking canes are allowed in carry-on baggage 'once
they have been inspected to ensure that prohibited items are not
concealed'.

So I am sorry your knees were ailing but using the Gitzo as a walking
cane clearly did put you within the rules.

Thanks again,

- --Bob