Subject: Re: [Leica] Is That A Monopod In Your Suitcase....
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 14:58:08 -0500

At 01:42 PM 3/19/2003 -0600, Bob wrote:
>I'd like to know if anyone can relate any relatively recent _actual_
>experiences with the TSA airport luggage inspectors in the US with a
>monopod in a carryon suitcase.

Bob -

I just got back from California.  I packed the Gitzo monopod in my carry-on
Tamrac rolling photo suitcase with all of my other equipment.  They
examined it carefully along with everything else but let it through with no
problems.  I also carried the monopod to Spain in December but that time I
actually carried it on board, using it as a walking stick.  My knees were
really bothering me and I needed a cane to walk.  Again, it went through
the X-ray machine and they gave it back to me.

Have a good trip!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com