Subject: Re: [Leica] 560 telyt day (long response)14182
From: "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 20:23:13 +0200

> Extension tubes are another issue: tube 14182 (60mm extension) was made
for the f/6.8 Telyts; it fits no other lenses.  It has a wide throat and
fits between the lens head and mount tube.  Assuming an R mount tube, the
results are GREAT.  These are dynamite lenses at close range:

> http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/cato00.html
> http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/anhu0.html
>
> The Viso mount tube has a more constricted throat and some vignetting may
appear (can anyone verify?).  Other extension tubes can also be used, but I
find that the 14198 and 14256 both have constricted throats which cause some
vignetting.  Perhaps the 3-part extension rings (14158) will do better,
since these have no meter or aperture couplings and ought to have a less
constricted throat.

> With the Televit (f/5.6) lenses, there is no dedicated extension tube
comparable to the f/6.8's 14182.  I get vignetting with the 14198 and 14256
extension tubes.  Consider this a WTB: 14158

> Doug Herr
> Birdman of Sacramento
> http://www.wildlightphoto.com

My 400 came with the 14182 extension on the inside of which there is a black
sleeve? which is held by a small screw on the outside.This sleave is
slightly loose is that normal and what is it for?
thanks
simon