Subject: RE: [Leica] R7 Online Manual?
From: "Joseph Chan" <leicauser@ntlworld.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 15:43:14 +0100

Hi Eric

I did a quick search for an online manual but found nothing. I do have
an R7 however and can answer your questions:

1. To adjust the viewfinder diopter, you have to pull out the knob
first, like a mechanical wrist watch. Then turn the knob to adjust the
viewfinder and push it back in when you're done.

2. The meter turns itself off after around 12s, if the shutter is cocked
(straight away if the shutter's not cocked). Switching the shutter dial
to off prevents the shutter being fired if the shutter button is
unintentionally pressed.

3. The release socket you mention is the mirror release allowing you to
lock-up the mirror before firing the shutter. You can use a shutter
release cable or Leica's Mirror lock-up release button (14087) in this
socket.

Regards,

Joe Chan