Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: leica CRANK heads now collectors
From: Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 11:06:36 -0800

At 4:46 PM -0800 2/28/03, Jerry Lehrer wrote:
>Kit
>
>I hope you realize that some of these collector types have more cameras than
>can fit on their coffee tables.  I know of one that has more than can fit on a
>large banquet table.  Really!  I told you a million times, I don't exaggerate!
>
>Jerry
>
>Kit McChesney | acmefoto wrote:
>
>>  Don--
>>
>>  Some level of connoisseur? Come on ... don't you ever arrange all your
>>  cameras on the coffee table and just gawk at them? And talk to them?
>  >
>  > "Hello Leica, Hello Hasselblad, Hello Rollei ..."
>  >

I know one person locally who has a 1500 - 2000 sq.ft. basement full
of cameras. His most valuable items are in 3 or four 6ft. high safes.
As he has severe agoraphobia he can't really go outside and take
pictures.

I have no idea how many cameras he has, but he is more agglutinative
than a true collector, as he has many items that he doesn't know much
about. He does, however, have a real Leica 72, Reporter, etc.

It's quite an experience seeing all this, but pretty hard to relate
to as a photographer.

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design