Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: leica CRANK heads now collectors
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2003 13:00:01 -0800

> I know one person locally who has a 1500 - 2000 sq.ft. basement full
> of cameras. His most valuable items are in 3 or four 6ft. high safes.
> As he has severe agoraphobia he can't really go outside and take
> pictures.
>
> I have no idea how many cameras he has, but he is more agglutinative
> than a true collector, as he has many items that he doesn't know much
> about. He does, however, have a real Leica 72, Reporter, etc.
>
> It's quite an experience seeing all this, but pretty hard to relate
> to as a photographer.
>
> --
>     *            Henning J. Wulff
><Snip>
Every time i got a new expensive Leica or Hasselblad lens I stayed home
a lot because i was just a little afraid of leaving the lens alone. It
might play with matches. I might forget which pillow i put it under.  If
the equipment was instead ON me then I'd be afraid to walk down any but
the must brightly lit streets.
But then again in a few weeks I'd get over it. Life as usual. Throw it
in the back of the mini pickup!

Today here in Portland Oregon the sun is shining and there is a big swap
meet which I'm NOT going to!
I've got no more room to put stuff. I'm blissfully thinking about all
the stuff I'm NOT being exposed to.

I'm going out today with my new  100 ml f3.5 CFi  Planar T* on my
Hasselblad. I'll be shooting some Neopan 400 120.
My Local Pro camera store says it could take months to get HP5 in 220.
I see B&H has it in stock. And for cheap.
This will be the first film I've shot in half a year. That's the longest
I've gone since i was about 9 or 10 years old.
It's been a couple of weeks now that I've been in the single marital
status group.

I'm sure if I walk into a singles bar with this Leica on it's strap
around my neck all my worries would be over.

I'm looking for a Leica loving very wealthy women who looks like a
supermodel less than half my age. Worth the climb!
That's not asking too much is it?  Blonde is ideal but on other colors
I'm willing to haggle.
I was married 25 years. Just a few months more than half my life!

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com
Email: mark@rabinergroup.com