Subject: [Leica] FS Friday 50/1.4-M & 135/2.8-M
From: "Gary Brook" <gmb@cyberone.com.au>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 13:06:11 +1100

I have two M-series lenses for sale at the moment.  The first is a 50/1.4
Summilux-M, the one before the current model. It was bought new by the owner
before me and used very little.  It is optically and mechanically like new
but has lost some of the anodising off the body near the lens mount and a
little more off a part of the lens hood.  The pattern of missing anodosing
suggests the parts were not properly cleaned during manufacture rather than
any exposure to a caustic environment.  The other three lenses and body I
bought from him were not similarly effected.  It's like the bubbling under
the coating that occurred on some early die-cast M6 rear doors.  If this
sounds awful, please understand I am just trying to be open and accurate
about the condition.  It's not as bad as it sounds and I have pictures for
those who might be interested.  Leica in Australia did not want to know
about the fault and rejected the complaint as most likely being 'owner
error'.  So much for after-sales support!  I have the original passport and
leather case as well as both caps.  Asking price is $750-US

My second lens is a 135/2.8 Elmarit-M with eyes.  Last optical design
(knurled focussing ring) and complete with caps.  It is in excellent
mechanical & optical condition but the 'eyes could probably do with a clean.
Asking price is $425-US

Both items will be shipped at whatever cost for the method and insurance
option you choose.  regards,

Gary Brook
Canberra