Subject: Re: [Leica] Tripods
From: "Robert Meier" <robertmeier@usjet.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 23:39:52 -0600

Leica, of course, makes one of the best tripods ever produced, albeit a
rather short one.

> Even though the Leica M probably wasn't designed to be a tripod mounted
camera, when you combine the new lenses with modern slow films I can think
of a lot of reasons why a person might want to use a tripod. I have a Gitzo
020 that's small and light and is perfectly suited to use with the Leica M.
And I use it quite often.

> Most people aren't that steady when it comes to hand holding a camera. And
when you start making enlargements, it shows. It probably makes more sense
to use a Leica M on a tripod, than it does to use a lot of other cameras
whose lenses aren't tripod worthy.