Subject: RE: [Leica] PAW (12/23/02)
From: "David Rodgers" <daverodgers@lightcurves.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 17:29:52 -0800

B.D.

>>Also, I personally can't think of anything less logical than routinely
using a tripod with a Leica M, or any other 35 mm camera for that
matter. If what one is shooting is routinely static, and one is going
for the greatest depth of field, highest resolution possible, than why
use any 35 mm? But in particular, why use a Leica M?<<

Even though the Leica M probably wasn't designed to be a tripod mounted camera, when you combine the new lenses with modern slow films I can think of a lot of reasons why a person might want to use a tripod. I have a Gitzo 020 that's small and light and is perfectly suited to use with the Leica M. And I use it quite often.

Most people aren't that steady when it comes to hand holding a camera. And when you start making enlargements, it shows. It probably makes more sense to use a Leica M on a tripod, than it does to use a lot of other cameras whose lenses aren't tripod worthy.

Using a tripod is thinking outside the box.

- --
DaveR
www.lightcurves.com

Replies: Reply from "Robert Meier" <robertmeier@usjet.net> (Re: [Leica] Tripods)