Subject: Re: [Leica] Canada... you'd think that it was another country!
From: "Greg J. Lorenzo" <gregj.lorenzo@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 18:02:49 -0700

Hi Christopher,

Actually No! We have currently a Queen as Head of State. The Queen's
Representative in Canada is the Governor General. The Governor General
just gets to live in a Palace and act like a Queen.

Of course with the Queen we get our beloved "Royal Family", now British,
originally German. These people actually frequently provide us lucky
citizens with free antics, something like your Bush and Clinton Royal
Families. I believe your beloved current President claims some kinship
with our Royal's. This must be true as I do see similar behavior at
times between certain of the younger Bush Family Females and our beloved
Royal Family.

Then being doubly blessed we have our folksy Prime Minister Lord Jean Ze
First. He tends to act like a Queen as well from time to time, however,
on occasion he has been known to whack unruly commoners and only impose
taxation without representation.

His favorite current project is to increase taxes so he can register
half of all the guns in country. So far, he's only two billion Canadian
Pesos away from partial success!

Regards,

Greg