Subject: Re: [Leica] 2nd lens advice
From: telyt@earthlink.net
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 14:34:52 -0800

Bill Stanke <bstanke@turbonet.com> wrote:

> 1.  Do you prefer a 90 or a 135 for portraiture
> work?

I prefer a 90mm lens.  135mm feels too distant to me.

> 2.  How well does the Elpro lens work for
> close-up photography?

Quite well, if a bit inconvenient.  The 90mm lens IMHO is better suited to
close-up photography than the 135, partly because the 135 doesn't focus as
close to begin with.  ELPRO VIIa will get you quite close with the 135 but
you'll have a big gap between ELPRO and no ELPRO.  There's lots more info at
http://www.wildlightphoto.com/leica/close_up.html

> 3.  Is there any reason to buy a 3-cam lens, if
> I don't plan to ever buy a newer "R" body"?

No.

> 5.  Elpro - VIIa or VIIb?

VIIa for the 90, either one for the 135.  VIIa will get you closer.

For more Leica-R info, see http://www.wildlightphoto.com/leica

Doug Herr<BR>Birdman of Sacramento<BR>http://www.wildlightphoto.com