Subject: Re: [Leica] 2nd lens advice
From: Martin Howard <>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 14:48:36 -0800

On Monday, Nov 18, 2002, at 13:47 America/Los_Angeles, Bill Stanke

> 1.  Do you prefer a 90 or a 135 for portraiture work?

I know this isn't the answer you're looking for, but in the classic LUG
tradition of answering another question to the one asked, I'll offer

I prefer a 50mm or 35mm for portraits.  To me, the best kind of
portrait is the environmental portrait, one that shows something of the
surroundings -- and therefore character -- of the person, and not just
their face.  Of the two lenses you mention, I would personally select
the shorter one, because of it's wider angle of view.

- --
Martin Howard

Replies: Reply from "Rafael Alday" <> (Re: [Leica] 2nd lens advice)