Subject: Re: [Leica] Last weekends Wedding - 100% Leica
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 21:04:25 -0800

Rob Heyman sked:

> "As for the market, and here I assume you mean the costs, how does
> it cost more for to cover a wedding without any extra lights, assistants,
120
> cameras AND WITH just a kit of Leica over your shoulder?"<<<

Hi Rob,
It has nothing to do with the cost factor of reality in any case..

It has everything to do with the balls to state your price of $20 K and make
it sound you are asking $200.! :-) And right there is the secret of making
the big money! State the price, don't blink, snicker or anything but stand
there and calmly wait for the answer, because they will say one of three
things...

OK that's fine, what is the drill for the wedding day? :-)
Seems a bit high but for that money you must be damn good! You get the job.
:-)
Drop dead you must be crazy! :-(

It's having the mastery of the marketing technique which damn few
photographers have, because we really want to take pictures and rarely time
to develop the selling technique. Then there are the guys who have all the
marbles in the bag and sell themselves like magic. And in this case they
always get their bride!

ted.... whose never had the balls to try it! ;-)

Replies: Reply from Rob Heyman <rheyman@bigpond.net.au> (Re: [Leica] Last weekends Wedding - 100% Leica)
Reply from S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Last weekends Wedding - 100% Leica)
Message from Rob Heyman <rheyman@bigpond.net.au> (Re: [Leica] Last weekends Wedding - 100% Leica)
Message from Rob Heyman <rheyman@bigpond.net.au> (Re: [Leica] Last weekends Wedding - 100% Leica)