Subject: Re: [Leica] 3 questions
From: Lucien <director@ubi.edu>
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 10:44:02 +0200

Wesson, Leo W wrote:

> 2) The Leica website mentions that the M7 has metered flash capability
 > with "certain Metz flashes".
 > Which ones?  Anyone have any experience with these units?

> I currently have a 283 and would like to get something a little stronger
 > with better 28mm coverage and the ability to support the full
 > functions of the M7 that I see in my future.

Leo,

The Metz 54 MZ-3 (+ SCA 3502M2) is the only flashlight on the market
which is offering the HSS mode with the M7 (and R9 with SCA 3502M3) for
the moment.

The 70 MZ5/4 and the new 44 MZ-2 don't.

<http://www.metz.de/1_metz_2000/m_pages_english/main_index_e.php3?link=4&sub=1&linkname=mecablitz>

SCA 3002 Adapter for current Leica cameras:

SCA 3502 = R8
SCA 3502M2 (mark 2) = M6TTL and M7 + R8
SCA 3502M3 = R9 + M6TTL and M7 + R8

The upgrade from M2 to M3 will be possible via some Metz distributors.

Lucien