Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: .85x now flare in the viewfinder
From: Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 13:57:27 -0400

- --On Monday, September 16, 2002 07:58:35 PM -0700 S Dimitrov
<sld@earthlink.net> wrote:

> The flare in the M6 is much more insidious than a simple moving of the
> eye can cure. In my case, where I tend to use the camera in situations
> with strong sidelight, and light coming at the camera, it has made my M6
> virtually unusable. And this is in commercial usage, not just hobby
> shooting. I have been using my M4-2 more often because of that patch
> flare.
> Slobodan Dimitrov

I keep reading about this flare problem. My problem is that I've used M
cameras (M2, M3, M4) for 30 years, purchased an M6 in 1993, and have never
seen the flare. I've used the M6 in just about every lighting situation
imaginable. I've even had people take the camera from my hands and set up a
situation in which I was "guaranteed" to see the patch flare. I still
didn't see it.

I believe it is real, since so many do comment on it, including Erwin, but
I'm at a loss to understand why I don't see it at all. Maybe my eye just
lands in the right place? I don't know.

Oh yes, within the past year,I've purchased two M6TTLs (both .72) and,
while they don't have anywhere near the miles that my orginal M6 and M3
have, I have yet to see the problem with them either.

- --
Rolfe Tessem
Lucky Duck Productions, Inc.
rolfe@ldp.com