Subject: Re: [Leica] 90 Elmarit Experiences?
From: Michael Gerard <geeman1066@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2002 16:52:21 -0500

Eric,
    I got an early 90 Elmarit based on the advice of a number of folks on the
LUG for taking shots of my daughter.  Technically, these are candids, but
many come close to environmental portraiture.  I can get very tight on her
head, even take some shots for which one might often use a macro lens.  For
example, I recently shot a picture of her hands along with my wife's on the
piano.  Didn't get the shot I wanted, but that was my fault; the lens let me
get in tight and produced a lovely, pleasing image.  Here's a shot from my
website that I took just after I bought the Elmari:
http://home.earthlink.net/~geeman1066/15.jpg
    I noticed right away how superior it was to my 50 mm for portraiture.
Lovely lens, give a little softer look.  I use it almost as much as my normal
lens.
Regards,
Michael Gerard
geeman1066@earthlink.net