Subject: RE: [Leica] RE: No digital M possible now???
From: David Rodgers <drodgers@swiftnet.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 12:18:23 -0700

Henning

>  A short back focus is no problem if the sensor size is correspondingly
> small,

I wouldn't mind an M body with a chip that was smaller than 35x24mm if
that's what it takes. There'd be a focal length factor, but that's not the
end of the world. Everyone else has a focal length factor. My 15mm Heliar
might be more like a 24 or 28. And my 21/2.8 Elmarit more like a 35. I
could live with that. After shooting digital for some time (with a P&S G2)
I'm beginning to think that film is on the way out for 95 percent of all
photography. I love shooting film and I I was in denial for a long time.
But I believe now the writing is on the wall.

Dave

Replies: Reply from Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com> (RE: [Leica] RE: No digital M possible now???)
Message from "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net> (RE: [Leica] RE: No digital M possible now???)