Subject: Re: [Leica] New Leica R9 info
From: David Rodgers <drodgers@swiftnet.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 12:00:43 -0700

Pascal,

At 08:36 PM 8/29/2002 +0200, you wrote:
>Early September selected people will be allowed to have a first look at the
>new Leica SLR flagship camera in Prague.

I don't suppose there's any chance that the R9 could be a digital body.

I sure would like to see Leica come out with a digital SLR that accepts R
lenses. I get the impression that CCD/CMOS technology is improving such
that better lenses make a difference. I've spoken to lots of Canon owners
and I've seen some amazing output. I want digital for color. I'd be happy
with a Panasonic body that accepted R lenses. I wonder if we'll ever see
such a Leica digital SLR?

Dave