Subject: RE: [Leica] So you want a new Leica M series Body?
From: David Rodgers <davrod@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 18:40:34 -0700

Darrel,

At 02:14 PM 8/10/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>I found it interesting to see that a major company saw a need for
>a B&W only camera.

Thanks for posting the Kodak mono camera link. Like you, I find it
interesting.

I always thought having RGB sensors was a waste for shooting b/w. Three
sensors when one would do, and all. But I've obtained some interesting
results tweaking separate RGB channels for a final greyscale. It's like
adding filtration after the fact. I wonder how a camera designed for
monochrome will work. Will it require filters or can filtration be dialed
in? I use filters a lot in b/w.
The camera looks interesting.

Dave