Subject: Re: [Leica] m6 bags
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 12:09:56 +0200

Hi Mark,

> Bags.  Which one?  Tough question, I know.  I've got the summicron 35/f2,
> the summilux 50/f1.4, and the elmarit 90/f2.8.  No flash (yet).  I'll be in
> London in a few weeks, and I believe the Billingham bags are cheaper there
> than here in the US.  Is the small Hadley large enough for my kit?  Any
> other recommendations?  What's the Leica "outdoor" bag?  I can't seem to
> find a picture of it anywhere....

As others have pointed out, it would make sense for you to plan on a second
body, those Leica Ms seem to multiply... The Billingham bags are nice and are
indeed cheaper in the UK than in the US, but you may also want to take a look at
a US-made product that in my opinion is superior to Billingham: the Domke bags.
I used to have several Billinghams--they look classy and are sturdy, but I find
the Domke bags easier to carry around and more functional. My most used bag is a
Domke J-803 satchel, which holds 3 bodies and 4 lenses. Two of the bodies
usually have lenses mounted on them, and the other two lenses are held
back-to-back using two rear caps epoxied together (a better solution than
Leica's special adapter for this purpose since it allows any two lenses to be
joined together). In addition, the front pockets hold film,  a Leica SF-20
flash, and various small odds and ends, and the large rear pocket is perfect for
a newspaper or magazine.

I also have a smaller Domke bag (forgot the model number) which I use when I
only want to carry two cameras and two lenses, and a large bag which houses my
R8, SL, several R lenses and a Rolleiflex TLR.

The Domke bags are available at B&H and many other retailers.

Nathan
- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland