Subject: [Leica] m6 and a click, and bags
From: "mjr@grok.org" <cmra.rosen@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 21:19:23 -0400

I apologize if this gets posted more than once, but I posted earlier and it
didn't seem to appear in the digest.

I just got a used M6 TTL which seems to be in excellent condition, and in
fooling around with it, I noticed that it makes a click sound when turning
the shutter speed dial down from 1000 to 1.  The click happens around 2, but
sometimes around 4.  And this only seems to happen if the shutter is not
cocked.  I was wondering if it had something to do with the longer shutter
speeds, or if mine is some aberration.  If I take a picture, then turn the
shutter speed dial to 1000, then slowly back down toward 1, the click
happens.  It's a very light click, like something releasing inside, though
in checking with the lens removed, it's not the shutter curtain moving.  Any
thoughts?

Bags.  Which one?  Tough question, I know.  I've got the summicron 35/f2,
the summilux 50/f1.4, and the elmarit 90/f2.8.  No flash (yet).  I'll be in
London in a few weeks, and I believe the Billingham bags are cheaper there
than here in the US.  Is the small Hadley large enough for my kit?  Any
other recommendations?  What's the Leica "outdoor" bag?  I can't seem to
find a picture of it anywhere....

Thanks for any info.

Mark J. Rosen
mjr@grok.org