Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 33: Summer returns to Switzerland
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 14:27:11 +0200

After the rains spoiled the Zurich Street Parade (week 32), good weather
returned in the following week, as if to tease the organisers. So my two
pictures for week 33 are summer images, albeit quite different from each
other. The main picture was taken on a ferry across Lake Zurich, which
is part of the regional commuter system. The trip takes about 10
minutes, and I am always on the lookout for interesting people. I
spotted this cyclist and his unique outfit, a combination of a
sleaveless shirt and a tatoo, with matching bicycle seat. So I did
something unusual for me: I walked up to him, told him that he looked
cool and asked to take his picture:

http://www.wajsman.com/2002_33.jpg
(M7, 35mm Summilux, Provia 100F)

The alternate is from one of the many sunflower fields around here which
are all in full bloom now. Mostly the growers sell them to people for
decoration, at 1 Swiss Franc per flower, on an honor system (cut it
yourself and put the money in a box). I drive past this particular field
almost daily.

http://www.wajsman.com/2002_33alt1.jpg
(M7, 50mm Summilux, Provia 100F)

I was toying with the idea of removing the utility pole and the wires in
Photoshop but decided that it would violate my self-imposed digital code
of conduct; plus, I am inherently lazy.

The complete index is at:
http://www.wajsman.com/indexpaw2002.htm

and comments/critique are always welcomed and appreciated.

Nathan

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland