Subject: Re: [Leica] Push versus Pull
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 07:27:05 -0400

Truly Neil, I am most amazed at this film/developer combination.  However, I
did carefully choose the slow film to compare it to.  FP4 is not an
especially grain free film, what it does offer is a long, lovely tonal curve
rich in middle grays with a beautiful toe that captures details in the
shadows.  That is especially true in Rodinal at 1:100.

Most of my PAW's in the past month or so have been shot with Neopan and I
have blown some of them up to 11X17 with very little grain, less grain than
another project I am finally finishing using FP4.  So, do try to find some
Xtol in your market, mix it with distilled water with no dissolved oxygen,
and have a blast.

My comments about exposure do reflect my experience using an M3 and a hand
held meter only very occasionally.  This results in common overexposure as
when in doubt add a stop is my usual practice and that does lead to some
more grain, say 400 Delta size. :)

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com