Subject: RE: [Leica] Push versus Pull
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@apphosting.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 12:26:01 +0100

> A better solution for low light is Fuji Neopan 1600.  It is a real 1600
> speed film with a proper gray scale at 1600.  There are quite a few list
> members that are getting really great images from this stock in Xtol at
1:3
> dilution.  I know that I am getting less grain from this combination than
> with FP4 at 125.  That's assuming that I hit the correct exposure.  Like
> most films overexposure increases grain size.

You must be joking no? Less grain than FP4+!?! Wow. I have used a fair bit
of Neopan 1600 (40+rolls) and I must be the only one on this list that
actually dislikes it. I find the look of the grain in this film very
unappealing. The problem must be because I haven't tried it in XTOL, but I
have tried it in three other developers and still don't like the stuff. I
will have to try XTOL before I give up on it - I would have earlier but it's
a pain to get hold of over here (over the counter).

Cheers,
Neil

Replies: Reply from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] Push versus Pull)