Subject: [Leica] voigtlander 21mm
From: "Nelson Chan" <cchan@info.com.ph>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 18:53:23 +0800

hello,

This is my first post, so here goes.  I have been into photography since I
was 15 years old and has been using mainly nikon (f2 and f4).  Couple of
months ago, I decided to try out Leica.  I have an m6 ttl with 35 f2 asph,
50 f1.4 e43 with detachable lens hood and 90mm f2 non asph.  recently, I
bought an 21mm voigtlander.  My concern is that the distance scale seems to
be off on this lens.  When the rangefinder indicate the subject is in focus,
the distance scale reading indicate that the subject is farther than it
actually is.  For example, if the subject is around 3meters away from the
camera, when I use the rangefinder to focus, it will indicate 5meter, which
should I follow?  the rangefinder or the actual distance?

Regards,

nelson

Replies: Reply from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] voigtlander 21mm)
Message from Christer Almqvist <chris@almqvist.net> (Re: [Leica] A few more pictures...)