Subject: [Leica] re: strobe + assistant = coool!
From: "kyle cassidy" <kcassidy@asc.upenn.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 10:12:53 -0400

mark sed:

>Recently I've been inspired by the work of Larry Fink in a show i saw at
>the S. Josefsberg gallery here in Portland Or.
>http://www.skjstudio.com/fink/index.html

>It looks to me like he was using a small light on camera but has an
>assistant running around with a big strobe slaved.

mary ellen mark does this too. it's one of those lovely things you can do
when you have a budget. as for bouncing the leica flash with it's
non-bouncing head, you might be better off with a $20 swivel headed vivitar
with a thyristor. if you're using b&w it probably won't make much of a
difference. i don't have a TTL to compare it with, but perhaps someone will
perform some experiments for us.

kc