Subject: Re: [Leica] Mac Computers and Rat Butts
From: Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 16:28:38 -0700

At 12:21 PM -0700 6/16/02, Brian Reid wrote:
>Have all of you seen Umberto Eco's treatise on the theological
>significance of computer choice?
>
>http://www.semiotica.net/eco.html

hmmmm.....   Not quite sure how this relates to my stance on vis a
vis birth control and Catholicism, but I'll play along. I use Macs,
mostly.

Seems I have some agnostic tendencies, as I am happy that the Mac now
has some Unix, accessible with command lines, in it. Just as I am
happy to use AF, AE, IS and digital at times and a LF woodie at
others. Religion with a capital R tends to be limiting.

AF: auto-focus as used in some cameras
AE: auto-exposure as used in some cameras
IS: image stabilization as used in some photographic lenses
LF: large format denoting camera film sizes larger than the largest
common rollfilm

:-)

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff