Subject: [Leica] Re: Neopan 1600 + extol + 100 macro
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@jbm.org>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 23:56:58 -0400

2002-05-19-19:10:25 Mark Rabiner:
> What Dektol is for paper: D76 is for film.
> Both standards.
>
> I've heard though people actually running their 4x5 film in Dektol for
> say 2 minutes as an instant film developer in the 40's during WWII.
> I can't see that working so well in roll film.

Back in the day I recall using a recipe I got through photo folklore
for developing... I think it was Tri-X in Dektol, the purpose being to
get great, blizzard-like storms of giant grain (when you want such
an effect).  I don't for the life of me remember the specifics.

About the same time, I learned (and have also since forgotten) a trick
for pushing film (must've been Tri-X, too) to then-nearly-unheard-of
(4-digit or 5-digit EIs?) using... wait for it... HC-110 replenisher,
not the regular developer.

Moving forward a bit in time... remember the 80s?  I think I'll
cross-process some Ektachrome, just for old times' sake.

Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com> (Re: [Leica] Neopan 1600 + extol + 100 macro)