Subject: [Leica] Re: SonC's PAW this week
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@jbm.org>
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 17:15:10 -0400

2002-05-27-13:18:56 Ted Grant:

> > http://www.sonc.com/paw2/rgb.htm<<<
>
> Once again proving the simplest things can make the most beautiful pictures
> if you don't get yer butt end in a knot over the techie stuff and keep you
> imagination in simple mode makes for beautiful moments on film.

Simple-looking, but...  when you peer at it closely, it seems that a
lot of formal elements are working nicely together, a lot of details
just happen to be kind of exactly right -- where "right" includes some
very subtle tensions where things intersect, or almost-intersect.

Maybe it happened by chance, or in some subconscious bit of SonC's
brain nearer his eyeballs than his speech centers -- but I admit to
suspecting that he's a really talented and detail-oriented formal
still-lifeist when he wants to be.

I admire this greatly, because whenever I try my hand at careful
formal compositions, the result seems far too often to end up being
overwrought and over-careful and lifeless.  So I stick with on-the-fly
pictures of people, which I seem to be much better at.

Replies: Reply from "\(SonC\) Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: SonC's PAW this week)
Message from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] SonC's PAW this week)