Subject: [Leica] Re: Ansel Adams on PBS TV
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@jbm.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 14:02:35 -0400

2002-04-22-12:51:02 B. D. Colen:
> I find myself in the somewhat unusual category of having great
> admiration for AA as a photo technician and "inventor," and very
> little regard for him as a "photographer." His development of the
> Zone System and his abilities as a manipulator of light, in the field
> and in the darkroom, were great technical achievements. That said,
> however, I find his photography sterile incredibly predictable.

I'd hazard a guess that the category you describe above may have more
members than you think;  you've done an excellent job of summing up
my reaction to AA's contributions as well.

Replies: Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] Re: Ansel Adams on PBS TV)
Message from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (RE: [Leica] Ansel Adams on PBS TV)