Subject: [Leica] Neopan 1600 + extol + 100 macro
From: William Gower <w_gower@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 18:00:42 -0500

On Sunday, May 19, 2002, at 02:59  PM, Ted Grant wrote:

> When Tmax 400 and it's attendant developer came on the market I switched
> from Tri-x and Dektol 1:1 and after listening to Mark Rabiner and Tom
> Abrahamsson I started to re-use tri-x with EXTOL although Tom tried to
> convince me I should use Dektol. ;-)

Dektol ? Dektol is pretty close to D-76 with respect to Metol, it has
about half the sulphite but has about 75-80 grams of Carbonate.

Isn't all that carbonate going to result in short - i.e. 1-2 minute
developing times ?

What times are you using Ted ? And what's the advantage of Dektol over
D-76 ?

Just wondering

William

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com> (Re: [Leica] Neopan 1600 + extol + 100 macro)