Subject: Re: [Leica] Panasonic Lumix photos with Leica lens
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 20:19:07 -0400

At 07:21 PM 4/28/02 -0400, you wrote:
>If the shutter lag is good, how is the lag between shots? Next to bad
>shutter lag, waiting 5 seconds between shots is the next biggest
>anti-digi-point-and-shoot gripe.
>
>thanks
>Pete

Hi Pete -

I just went down and tried the Panasonic.  Pascal had posted that the
reported time between photos was 11 seconds.  That sounded awfully high to
me so I went down and took two photos, without flash, with a shutter speed
of 1/4 second - very low light - which should take the maximum processing
time.  I counted "one-mississippi, two-mississippi, three-mississippi and
took another photo.  It was ready in three seconds.

You can take 4 photos per second at the highest resolution and 8 photos per
second at lower resolution.  Those are the burst resolutions and it takes a
few seconds to write those to the file before you can take another
photo.  I don't see myself needing 4 photos per second, but it's nice to
know that it is possible.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com