Subject: Re: [Leica] Info on 50 F/2.0 collapsible
From: David Rodgers <davrod@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 08:16:15 -0700

Edward,

The collapsible 50/2 isn't considered optically on par with the rigid 50/2,
but it's not a bad lens and it's conveniently compact. A collapsible
doesn't automatically predate a rigid as they were, for a time, both in
production (at least in BM). SM and BM are optically the same.

I, for one, have never been able to pass on "almost perfect" classic Leica
lenses if the price is right. Collapsibles usually sell for less than
rigids. The lens coating on the early 50/2s is reputed to be a little soft,
so caution is in order.

DaveR