Subject: Re: [Leica] Summicron R 35/2 ver 1 vs ver 2
From: David Rodgers <davrod@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 07:57:44 -0700

Kelvin,

No question that the German version is the way to go, primarily because of
the filter size.  I don't think you'll notice much difference in the
quality of either lens.  Don't underestimate that when you buy expensive
filters (and lets face it, why use cheap filters on Leica lenses)  there's
a benefit when they fit multiple lenses.

Over the years I've heard chart readers (aka photo astrologists) belittle
the 35/2 R because the MTF graphs are a little weak. But it's a fantastic
lens, especially great for b/w, IMO.

DaveR