Subject: [Leica] Leica and Leafscan
From: David Rodgers <davrod@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 08:43:20 -0700

Just had a chance to try my newest (oldest) imaging tool, a 1994 Leafscan
35 that I just purchased used. I scanned a neg (D400, M6, 35/1.4 ASPH) of
the Broadway Bridge in Portland. Image1 is full frame, tweaked for a more
graphic look. Image 2 is enlarged sections of the original (not even a full
resolution scan).

I printed Image1 12x18 inches on my Piezo equiped Espon 3000 and it turned
out better than I could ever have imagined. Piezo is amazing, as is the
older Leafscan. Not bad for an 8-year old scanner, a 7-year old printer,
and an all manual camera. Who says latest is greatest? Faster maybe. The
Leafscan is slow. But due to it's design it may be the ideal scanner for
scanning b/w.

http://www.lightcurves.com/leaf/image1.htm
http://www.lightcurves.com/leaf/image2.htm

DaveR