Subject: Re: [Leica] Has Leica ever offered a student discount program?
From: "Will" <wlarsen@ocsnet.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 20:34:09 -0700

Matthew Powell writes:

| The main advantages of a Leica, to me, is the low-light
accuracy (longer
| base for faster lenses) and the silence.
|
| I'm also looking for the film camera(s) to last me for a
very long time, and
| I'd rather get the best stuff when I can.

You have the advantage of youth.  I really respect your
attitude.  There have been several times when imo Leica
rangefinders have been relatively cheap.  I bought my M3 as
they were transitioning to the M4.  I bought a 90/4 3
element Elmar when they were closing out that particular
lens design.  Knowing what I know now, I wish I had also
bought a IIIg which were abundant new when I bought the M3.
I think that when the TTL was introduced, the traditional M6
could be had at a bargain new, particularly the 0.85.

You might be looking at a "bargain" transition period for
the M6 TTL.  Frankly, when I bought cameras and lenses, it
was not with the idea to get a bargain, but because I needed
the particular piece of equipment at the time and could more
or less afford it  (yeah PhotoPhreak...$225 per month was
not a lot of money).  Unless you have a lot of funds, you
might consider doing the same thing.  The Leica was made to
be used.  It/they will last a very long time.

Regards, Bill Larsen
Terra Bella, CA

Message from Amilcar de Oliveira <amilcar@domain.com.br> (Re: [Leica] Has Leica ever offered a student discount program?)
Message from "Matthew Powell" <mlpowell@directvinternet.com> (Re: [Leica] Has Leica ever offered a student discount program?)