Subject: Re: [Leica] Just have to share this! :-)
From: "Joseph Codispoti" <joecodi@clearsightusa.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 11:36:58 -0700

Ted,

a wonderful story indeed and , as you pointed out, one to ponder as we
vegetate on the couch polishing our lenses.

Some years ago, while taking pictures in Golden Gate Park, I overheard a
conversation between 3 obviously elderly men. They were strangers to one
another and were reminiscing and wondering to what they owed their
longevity.

"Awell" said one, "I am  84 years old and I have never taken a drink of
alcohol, nor a puff from a cigarette, and never married".

The Second, not to be outdone declared that he had reached the ripe old age
of seventy seven but had been married, drank on occasion, but never smoked.

The third one was laughing derisively at the others. He told them what they
had been missing in life for their abstinences. "I drink plenty, I smoke to
this day, and, although I am not married, I like to - you know - meet my
lady friends at least three times a week".

The other two were amazed. The expression on their faces betrayed their
envy. Finally one of them asked "and how old are you". "Forty sheven", was
the reply.

Joseph Codispoti
San Luis Obispo, CA

Message from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> ([Leica] Just have to share this! :-))