Subject: Re: [Leica] Did Leica miss the boat on the M7 viewfinder?
From: Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 08:55:50 -03-30

At 07:40 PM 4/4/02 -0800, you wrote:
> >>Finally, ask yourself why about 90% of the people on this list have
> >> another system, usually reflex and it's usually their primary system.
> >> Later
> >> Javier
>

>We might also ask why they went with an M at all, if they find the 15-135
>range limiting and shoot primarily with long glass.
>
>Guy

Actually, its not the primary system.  My M's are always my first choice on
any shoot simply because of the sharpness of the glass and light weight kit.
  Sometimes you are only going to get the picture with small, quiet,
unobtrusive or intimidating cameras. Especially in low light where a tripod
in not a option.
Every try shooting performing arts or religious ceremonies with noisy
SLR's.... EVERYONE knows every shot you take.

For those of us that seldom shoot sports or nature (or matrix filled
flash), the long glass and techno SLR's only get dragged out of the cabinet
once every few months.
I can't remember the last time I used my 300. The flash gear is used when
shooting chrome under mixed or changing lighting conditions. ie... TV sun
guns in florescent light buildings and

Photojournalism and documentary usually mean a more intimate and "close"
shooting environment and subjects. 21 to 90 is more than enough.
For this type of work a 21, 35, 75, 90 will cover 75% of your needs and
subject matter.

Greg Locke
St. John's, Newfoundland
www.greglocke.com
PictureDesk International ....NEWS PICTURES ONLINE!
www.pdiphotos.com

Message from Javier Perez <summarex@yahoo.com> (Re: [Leica] Did Leica miss the boat on the M7 viewfinder?)